- Chicken Breasts
- Mexicana Cheese
- Applewood Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese
- Chopped Jalapenos
- Herby Rub
- Dried rosemary.
- Ground cumin.
- Ground coriander.
- Dried oregano.
- Ground cinnamon.
- Pear Wood
1. Make your rub by combining your rub ingredients.
2. Make about 5 slices evenly space along each chicken breast, cutting about halfway through.
3. Rub the chicken with the herby rub.
4. Chop slices of cheese to the right size to fit into each slice mark of the chicken. Insert Mexicana then Applewood and then repeat along the breast.
5. Now put chorizo in every other slice mark.
6. Cook on an indirect heat and add pear wood to your fire. Cook for around an hour until the chickens internal temperature reaches 75C/165F.
7. Combine the cream cheese, jalapenos and bbq sauce then cover the chicken with it and return to the BBQ for another 5-10 mins.
ENTER YOUR EMAIL TO GET
YOUR NEXT ORDER
Sign up today and receive exclusive email offers and promotions from The BBQ Barn. First time email subscribers to receive 10% off their next online purchase